Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Atelier Shallie ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sea~


Atelier Shallie ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sea~! Finished in 42 hours at Level 76! 

Atelier Shallie ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sea~ was developed and released by GUST and KOEI TECMO.  The game features two protagonists similar to Jude & Milla from Tales of Xillia. Shallistera & Shallotte are the two protagonists.  I played Shallotte's story which was a lot of fun. This is the newest game I've played in years. 

Atelier Shallie was my most hyped game of 2015 next to Tales of Zestiria and let me say that it delivered well and was worth the hype! I loved this game from beginning to end! One of the best PS3 games I've ever played.

The story was quite interesting and had some very thought provoking themes such as humanity's ability to make the same mistakes and following your dreams. Shallotte's story really touched me and I'm still thinking about it. The characters had a good development and I really cared for them.

The gameplay was VERY fun and interesting. This is a conditional turn based RPG that allows you to use 6 party members in battle. 3 in the front and 3 in the non-active rear. They can be switched out at anytime. But what I love about the battle system is that more cool features are added as the game progresses and the entire party works together in unison to do coordinated attacks. It's a really fun and intuitive battle system that I'd love to see implemented into more games with more party members. This is by far my favorite battle system. Ever. I really enjoyed it. It would be better if it were active time like Final Fantasy. I'd love to see 6 party members in a battle at once that work in unison in an RPG. That would be awesome. But, I'm rambling now. Moving on...

I really enjoyed the voice acting, art style, and music. After you beat the game, there's an Extra mode on the title screen that allows you to view quotes from the developers and what they think of the game which was really cool to read.

I don't know when I'll play Shallistera's story, probably in 2016, but for now. I'm done with Atelier Shallie. It was an absolutely amazing game. Atelier Shallie is the last game in the Dusk trilogy. (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, and Shallie)

I highly recommend this game to people who wish to get into the Atelier series. It's very quick and easy to learn. 

If you'd like to buy it, it's available physically and digitally on PS3. If you're interested, please buy it as it is a really great game and you also help these companies make money. I suggest to buy it from the PlayStation Store, videogamesplus.ca, or Amazon.

==

Undisputed Verdict: 9.5/10

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time! ~Gothorita


No comments:

Post a Comment