Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2


"Who do you think...created the demon virus?" Jenna Angel, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2! Finished in 36 hours around Level 88-90. This review will be shorter than my usual because it this is a continuation of a much longer game.

Right off the bat, with the original Digital Devil Saga, this is one of my favorite games of all time.

This is the tale of the digital devils. The Digital Devil Saga. The first game told a story about a tribe at war with other tribes and whoever was the first to defeat all of them would be allowed to ascend a tower to Nirvana, The Promised Land. The tribe known as the Embryon made it to this point only to be greeted by mysterious demons that speak of things unknown. Upon conquering the tower to Nirvana, the tower perished and the world around it.  The Embryon tribe found themselves in a desert wasteland, vastly different from their home. This was the real world.

I really enjoyed the music in the game. Not as much as the first one, but I loved these songs:

Battle For Survival
Divine Identity
ALIVE
Hunting Betrayal

Digital Devil Saga, told a very interesting story about reincarnation. The final boss, I thought was really fucking epic. My favorite characters were Seraph and Argilla. I felt as though I really identified with many of the things Argilla said and who she was as a character.

The main character, Seraph, made me think a lot about the world because I'm under the impression she's a hermaphrodite. It made me wonder if a hermaphrodite is perfection. One of the bosses in the final dungeon says, "It is not of God's intention for man and woman to be one. It is due to this that I shall split you asunder!" I love Seraph's character because first, she looks fucking badass, and secondly, I think the simple design is sort of showing you what enlightenment is. Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 really made me think and I'm still thinking about it.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 can be bought at a good price on Amazon for PlayStation 2 as well as on the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Store as a PS2 Classic.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga was one of my favorite games for PS2 and one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 is not as good as it unless if you look at the games as one entity. Or should I say Divine Identity...? Hehehehe... XD *inb4 I get mauled by you krazy kats*

Digital Devil Saga is one of the best JRPG stories you can experience. That's how I view it now. The Digital Devil Saga.

==

Undisputed Verdict: 10/10

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!! ~Gothorita





No comments:

Post a Comment